Assignment 4- Passing Storm (Final Draft)







[Front Cover]




























[Back Cover]



    This is my submission for the Assignment 4 photobook project. The theme was, "Self-portrait in the Time of Pandemic" which I interpreted as myself and my family going for walks in Lethbridge's river bottom. I personally am a very introverted person and didn't have to much difficulty when it came to being in quarantine, however I did find that I would started to miss spending time with my friends and often got bored not being able to travel. My family felt the same as me so to combat this we would take our dog on a walk through Lethbridge's beautiful river bottom. Unfortunately when we went on our walk to take photos we were surprised by an unexpected hail storm. Besides getting pelted by hail, throughout my photo's I noticed that you could see the colours appearing duller as the sky was filled with more clouds that would block out the light and I decided to use that to my advantage. I felt that these photo's best represented the feelings I have felt throughout the pandemic. The bright colorfulness and joy of being outside is encapsulated by the feeling of dread and negative thoughts, as you realize that eventually you will have to return to your house and continue being quarantined. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this project and learning to book bind was an amazing experience that I know I will be using again in the future!


Time Taken: 3 days ( 72 hours)

Supplies Used: Apple IPhone (For book binding: Cardstock Paper, Printer Paper, and embroidery thread.)









Comments