Assignment 6- (Collage Portrait) Mind Blowing Creativity

 



    For this project I had come up with some rough ideas of how I wanted this piece to look but as soon as I started gluing magazine clippings to the page I just went with the flow and let my creativity run free. I wanted this piece appear as someone who is trying to fit in to a regular dull society despite being different. The eyes pasted all over the piece are meant to represent fear of judgment or anxiety of others seeing you as different. I was strongly inspired by the collage artist Patrick Bremmer. In his pieces he uses lots of bright vibrant colours in his collages and often has paint or another medium combined with strips of paper.  I really love how this piece turned out so much so that I made a make shift frame for it out of some cardboard, thread, and pop can tabs so that I can put it on my wall, haha!  


Time taken: 2 1/2 days 

Size: 19x22 cm (quite small)

Supplies: Magazine Clippings, Newspaper Clippings, Liner, Alcohol Based Marker (background)

Inspirations: Patrick Bremer, Laslo Antal (identity collage)

Also I would like to apologize that it's cropped a little weirdly it was incredibly windy outside. 

Inspirations:
Patrick Bremer, Laslo Antal

Comments