Assignment 7- Cyanotype

 


Structure as Pattern:


For this I use a lace table cloth that was gifted to my family from my grandmother. I think this one turned out so well witch made me super happy!! I actually I had to re-do this one 4 times because I couldn't get it to show well enough. 


Cliche-Verre: 





For Cliche-Verre I used the plastic sheet that came with the paper and decided that I wanted to draw some of the characters from my favourite video-game. Unfortunately I just couldn't get the full picture to show no matter how many times I tried. I'm wondering if it maybe has to do with my drawing being to detailed. Either way this picture was the best of the bunch and the part it did capture turned out pretty clear. 


Negative to Positive:



For negative to positive I decided to use this photo of my cat in negative and I'd say it turned out pretty well. I had taped it to my window and sadly the cyanotype paper picked up some of the tape (top of the page). I honestly was really worried about this one because when I had pulled it off of the window the page was completely black and there was nothing on it, it only showed up after I had rinsed it. 

Body as a Metaphor:


For body as a metaphor I had the idea of two hands reaching towards a flower to possibly signify the beauty of ones body but unfortunately the hands didn't show up as well. 



Here's some of the other (failed) attempts:

(second attempt of the first one)

(third attempt of second one)
This one I actually thought turned out sort of cool. I had taken an exacto knife and cut out pieces of paper that I just layed on top. 

this was of a feather ornament that I had placed on it.


Time taken: 3 1/2 days

Size: 8 x 10

Materials: Cyanotype paper. 

Comments